Monday, October 3, 2011

Dupont 50k


On Sunday we bundled up and headed south to Dupont State Forest for a little "jog" in the woods.  This marks Tim's first ever 50k race and my second.  About 75 people were as crazy as we were this morning.  





The race consisted of two 15 mile loops on single track, fire roads and gravel paths.  The terrain was quite rocky and quite hard on the knees and hips.  Tim started out of the gate in first and never slowed down.  He got in a groove and just kept on going.  He ended up with a winning time of 4:18!!  Pretty impressive if I say so myself.  I felt great on the first lap but on the second lap hit a wall when I was low on fuel.  A patch of rolling hills really got me out of running rhythm.   I pushed through and gutted out to finish in 5:07, three minutes quicker than my previous race.

He always matches so well!

Freezing and waiting to start

Almost done!

Post race picture
After crossing the finish and being greeted by the best husband ever I was done and we were ready to go home.  A few snacks were grabbed as we headed on our way. 

 A nap at home was followed by a trip to Mamacitas for a very delicious burrito!!

Next race....Shut In Trail Run Nov 5th

No comments:

Post a Comment