Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Goals

So sitting in my chair today at work I realized I needed to set some solid goals for 2012. Today I realized that I sit a lot during the day. All against my will of course. I do enjoy my job and am very blessed for all that we have but I am a very active person and the amount of sitting I do in a given 10-11 hr work day is TOO much. So, I decided to set some goals for 2012. I want to run a mile for every hour I sit at my desk, aka work. After doing some quick math, I work about 55-60 hours a week so that mean I plan to run 55-60 miles a week. Round it all out and the goal is to run at least 3000 miles this year.  So here is the plan with a few additional goals I plan to run at very minimum of 3000 miles in 2012. Lindsey, after no convincing at all jumped aboard and is planning to run 2500 miles. The goals for 2012 are as follows:
1.     Run X amount of miles in 2012 (3000 for me, 2500 for Linds)
2.     Stay healthy enough to complete objective 1 ( I figure plenty of beer and ice cream will help this area, although some early signs of Patella Tendinitis make me think some stretching may be in store as well).
3.     Never forget the reason I run though I strive to achieve a numbers goal. (I run because it reminds me of how small I really am in a world of such grandeur and awe, reminds me to never take the little things in life for granted and lets see, oh ya, and the endorphin's are awesome).

So here we go, a minor set backs with beginning signs of patella tendinitis have left me with a couple of days with no mileage but otherwise I am on track and set to make up the mileage this week. Enjoy the ride and I hope to see you out there on the trail or recovering over a pint beer or maybe ice cream.

Week 1: Tim 55miles/Linds 50
Week 2: Tim 55 Miles/Linds 40





No comments:

Post a Comment